does Larry Wall knew lisp when perl was taking shape?

xahlee

in Wikipedia's perl article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl

It is said that the design of perl is influenced by lisp.
quote:
“Influenced by AWK, BASIC, BASIC-PLUS, C, C++, Lisp, Pascal, sed, Unix
shellâ€.

Does anyone know any evidence, that Larry Wall (the creator of Perl)
knew any lisp before release of perl 4 (1991-1994)?

Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄

Mirco Wahab

in Wikipedia's perl article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl

It is said that the design of perl is influenced by lisp.
quote:
“Influenced by AWK, BASIC, BASIC-PLUS, C, C++, Lisp, Pascal, sed, Unix
shell”.

Does anyone know any evidence, that Larry Wall (the creator of Perl)
knew any lisp before release of perl 4 (1991-1994)?

There's strong evidence:
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2007/12/06/soto-11.html

[Larry says:]
For good or ill, when I went off to grad school, I studied
linguistics, so the only computer language I used there was
LISP. It was my own personal McCarthy era.

Is LISP a candidate for a scripting language? While you can
certainly write things rapidly in it, I cannot in good
conscience call LISP a scripting language. By policy, LISP
has never really catered to mere mortals.

And, of course, mere mortals have never really forgiven
LISP for not catering to them.

==> f'up c.l.p.m

Regards

M.