    Kumar.A.P.P
    Software Engineer, Infosys Technologies Limited.
    http://techaid.wordpress.com

    =?Utf-8?B?S3VtYXIuQS5QLlA=?=, Oct 12, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S3VtYXIuQS5QLlA=?=

    bruce barker Guest

    there is not enough info. it depends on how you code. the master page is
    just another control on the page, how long it takes to process depends
    on how you code. if you put the same number of controls (same look) on
    your page, then using a master page should have the same performance.

    all asp.net control are really dynamic. there is no performance
    difference between your code adding them and the init routine creating
    them in the compiled page (its just a bunch create control, set property
    statements). its what the code besides create control you have that
    effects performance.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 12, 2007

  3. Apparently you are using the term "Master Page" - which is a special type of
    page in ASP.NET 2.0 -- to mean "A single page that handles all of the cases".
    The answer would be, a single page is better. The reason is that it
    represents one assembly, and once that assembly is loaded into the AppDomain,
    it never needs to be loaded again. In the "big scheme" of things, however, I
    doubt either way would make any observable difference.
    -- Peter
    Recursion: see Recursion
    site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Oct 12, 2007