Does Microsoft Support Classic ASP or only ASP.NET?

needin4mation

I can't find out if Microsoft supports "Classic" asp or if they only
support asp.net? I'm not really sure what support means in either
context, really, except that they tell customers not to use ASP classic
any more or if the life cycle of ASP classic is over. I am
evaluating a product and I am not sure I want to recommend an ASP
classic product that should be migrated by now (I think anyway).
Guidance and thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Bruno Alexandre

me as a Developer or me as a Client...?

as a Developer, I perfer to jump to .NET 2.0 because of the future
revisions, updates, etc...

as a Client, They only want that to work, they do not care what's behind
(code, language, server, etc)...

you need to see if you as a client want to spend a "LOT" of money in
something that in a future time you canot update, or as a developer is
beeter to start under ASP.NET 2.0 and use the nice funcionalities that the
framework give to you - better coding, faster design, faster programing (see
the GridView component for example, you have in 5 lines of code a table that
the user can see, select, update and remove, and see how many lines that you
need to perform such task in ASP 3.0)...

ASP.NET 2.0 is more secure and more reliable than ASP 3.0, but the answer
still remains...

....think in a client side, or developer side!

--

Bruno Alexandre
(a Portuguese in Københanv, Danmark)

<[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem
But if you were going to pay a LOT of money for something that is
mission critical would you want the abilities of .net or classic ASP?

needin4mation

Well, I'm kind of both. I develop, but I also evaluate products and
make recommendations. It's very difficult to me (as a developer),
knowing the technology utilized, to recommend something that I know is
"old." I know that "old" has many current usages, and is used by lots
of people, and that all, perhaps, I should care about is if it works.

I also know the value of the new, however. And that makes it difficult.