    I am doing a school project, but I don't know does midp 1.0 support
    other font like windows.
    Please help.

    teddykim, Jul 20, 2004

  2. teddykim <> wrote:
    > I am doing a school project, but I don't know does midp 1.0 support
    > other font like windows.
    > Please help.

    I don't believe it does.

    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /

    Steven J Sobol, Jul 20, 2004

  3. teddykim

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:04:07 -0500, Steven J Sobol
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >> I am doing a school project, but I don't know does midp 1.0 support
    >> other font like windows.
    >> Please help.

    I suspect that MIDP devices handle their limited fonts in
    hardware/firmware.

    Fonts are ram gobblers. That is probably why you don't see
    downloadable fonts as a feature in MIDP.

    You don't even see continuously variable fonts.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jul 20, 2004
  4. teddykim wrote:

    > I am doing a school project, but I don't know does midp 1.0 support
    > other font like windows.
    > Please help.

    It only supports those fonts already on the device. And, if you look at the
    Javadocs for javax.microedition.lcdui.Font you'll see that you can only
    refer to those specific by the MIDP itself; i.e., system, proportional,
    etc.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>

    Darryl L. Pierce, Jul 21, 2004
  5. teddykim

    teddykim Guest

    I found a J2ME polish that allow us to defind a file css. By this
    notion, I think maybe we can change it.

    teddykim, Jul 21, 2004
  6. teddykim <> wrote:
    > I found a J2ME polish that allow us to defind a file css. By this
    > notion, I think maybe we can change it.

    Have you actually read the MIDP spec?

    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /

    Steven J Sobol, Jul 21, 2004