Does MSXML parser work on Mac?!

Discussion in 'XML' started by bearclaws, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. bearclaws

    bearclaws Guest

    I created a small "app" using an XML file and an XSLT file.

    It works great on a PC but when I try to view it on a Mac (IE or
    Safari) it blows up and does not display the XML properly.

    I'm using the MSXML parsers ability to include extension functions in
    order to allow the XML to pass and receive URL parameters....and think
    this is causing the problem.

    Here's my XSLT header:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
    xmlns:url="uri:find-url.org"
    exclude-result-prefixes="msxsl">
    <xsl:eek:utput method="html" indent="yes" encoding="iso-8859-1"/>
    <xsl:variable name="xmlpath" select="url:findURL(.)" />

    ....Any thoughts?!

    FYI: I am brand new to the XML/XSLT world so please mind the technical
    jargon. I definitely hacked my way through this one!

    Many thanks,
    BC
    bearclaws, Mar 2, 2005

  2. bearclaws wrote:

    > I created a small "app" using an XML file and an XSLT file.
    >
    > It works great on a PC but when I try to view it on a Mac (IE or
    > Safari) it blows up and does not display the XML properly.

    I don't think IE on the Mac has XSLT support so there you would
    certainly need to to XSLT on the server.
    Safari has XSLT support according to some blog announcements but I don't
    know whether they relate to official Safari releases or only developer
    previews:
    <http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/hyatt/archives/2004_08.html>
    And I don't think you will have support for msxsl extension functions then.
    Mozilla since 1.0 has XSLT 1.0 support on all platforms but again there
    is no support for msxsl extension functions.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Mar 2, 2005

  3. bearclaws

    bearclaws Guest

    Thanks, Martin.

    Unfortunately, most of my research has been telling me the same.

    Just hoping there might be a work-around.

    bearclaws, Mar 2, 2005