Does MSXML parser work on Mac?!

bearclaws

I created a small "app" using an XML file and an XSLT file.

It works great on a PC but when I try to view it on a Mac (IE or
Safari) it blows up and does not display the XML properly.

I'm using the MSXML parsers ability to include extension functions in
order to allow the XML to pass and receive URL parameters....and think
this is causing the problem.

Here's my XSLT header:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
xmlns:url="uri:find-url.org"
exclude-result-prefixes="msxsl">
<xsl:eek:utput method="html" indent="yes" encoding="iso-8859-1"/>
<xsl:variable name="xmlpath" select="url:findURL(.)" />

....Any thoughts?!

FYI: I am brand new to the XML/XSLT world so please mind the technical
jargon. I definitely hacked my way through this one!

Many thanks,
BC

Martin Honnen

bearclaws said:
I created a small "app" using an XML file and an XSLT file.

It works great on a PC but when I try to view it on a Mac (IE or
Safari) it blows up and does not display the XML properly.

I don't think IE on the Mac has XSLT support so there you would
certainly need to to XSLT on the server.
Safari has XSLT support according to some blog announcements but I don't
know whether they relate to official Safari releases or only developer
previews:
<http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/hyatt/archives/2004_08.html>
And I don't think you will have support for msxsl extension functions then.
Mozilla since 1.0 has XSLT 1.0 support on all platforms but again there
is no support for msxsl extension functions.

bearclaws

Thanks, Martin.

Unfortunately, most of my research has been telling me the same.

Just hoping there might be a work-around.