Does my JAPH suck?

da5id

Perhaps not the most original, but at least now I can say I have
one...

Comments anyone?

map{print "$_ "}split(/\d/, join('', map /(\w|\d)\w/gi, qw(Jaubsctd1a
Aenfogthhiejrk2b Plemrmln3c Hoapcqkresrt4d)));

Uri Guttman

d> Perhaps not the most original, but at least now I can say I have
d> one...

d> Comments anyone?

d> map{print "$_ "}split(/\d/, join('', map /(\w|\d)\w/gi, qw(Jaubsctd1a
d> Aenfogthhiejrk2b Plemrmln3c Hoapcqkresrt4d)));

(\w|\d) is the same as (\w) since it also has \d. in general | for
choosing character classes is slower than just doing a char class.

map{print "$_ "}

that is map in a void context. also it calls print in a loop whereas it
is better to build the list with map and call print once.

print map "$_ "

the /i on the second regex is redundant as \w has all upper and lower
letters in it.

that's all for now. good first try.

uri

Michele Dondi

map{print "$_ "}

that is map in a void context. also it calls print in a loop whereas it
is better to build the list with map and call print once.

Well, it is a JAPH! So those remarks just don't apply. The "problems"
are others...

Michele

Michele Dondi

map{print "$_ "}split(/\d/, join('', map /(\w|\d)\w/gi, qw(Jaubsctd1a
Aenfogthhiejrk2b Plemrmln3c Hoapcqkresrt4d)));

Well, it's certainly too easy to see both the logic and where the data
is actually stored. In fact you can even see the JAPH motto at a
glance... and it's not one of those tricks in which you see it at a
glance, but then it is extracted and printed by some other means. Good
first attempt, but poor obfu attained.

Michele

Peter Wyzl

Michele Dondi said:
Well, it's certainly too easy to see both the logic and where the data
is actually stored. In fact you can even see the JAPH motto at a
glance... and it's not one of those tricks in which you see it at a
glance, but then it is extracted and printed by some other means. Good
first attempt, but poor obfu attained.

I don't know that obfu itself is necessarily so important... After all the
most common by the inventor himself was simply

print "Just Another Perl Hacker";

Michele Dondi

I don't know that obfu itself is necessarily so important... After all the
most common by the inventor himself was simply

print "Just Another Perl Hacker";

The inventor himself is of the opinion of having shot himself in the
foot:

: And this is a bit ironic, since I invented the JAPH, so I've effectively
: created my own worst enemy here. {grin}
: - Randal L. Schwartz in PerlMonks.

See: <http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=603084>

Michele

Randal L. Schwartz

Peter> I don't know that obfu itself is necessarily so important... After all the
Peter> most common by the inventor himself was simply

Peter> print "Just Another Perl Hacker";

Officially, it's

print "Just another Perl hacker,"; # note the final comma