Does Paramiko 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 work with CentOS 4

Shah Sultan Alam

Hi Groups,
Can you please help me on the following...

1. Does Paramiko 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 work with CentOS 4

2. If yes, what is the exact 'yum' command to install paramiko on CentOS 4?
I have tried all possible ones without success.

yum install paramiko
yum install python-paramiko(with and without version numbers)
python-paramiko.noarch

Installing it without yum throws dependency problems which are never
ending : starting with python-crypto and python(abi) - which I am
unable to find.

Is there any change that has to be made to the yum repository to point
it to look in a different place?

3. Alternatively, I also have apt-get on the CentOS box - can you tell
me some repos that I can add for apt-get as well?

Regds
Shah

Jason Scheirer

Hi Groups,
 Can you please help me on the following...

1. Does Paramiko 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 work with CentOS 4

2. If yes, what is the exact 'yum' command to install paramiko on CentOS 4?
I have tried all possible ones without success.

        yum install paramiko
        yum install python-paramiko(with and without version numbers)
        python-paramiko.noarch

Installing it without yum throws dependency problems which are never
ending : starting with python-crypto and python(abi) - which I am
unable to find.

Is there any change that has to be made to the yum repository to point
it to look in a different place?

3. Alternatively, I also have apt-get on the CentOS box - can you tell
me some repos that I can add for apt-get as well?

Regds
Shah

This may be a question better directed at the CentOS mailing list as I
doubt anyone here is a CentOS package maintainer for paramiko. You're
going to need to build it yourself if it's not in yum. Make sure you
have the python development headers installed, and issue the commands:

wget http://www.lag.net/paramiko/download/paramiko-1.7.4.tar.gz
tar xzf paramiko-1.7.4.tar.gz
cd paramiko-1.7.4
python setup.py build
su -c "python setup.py install"

Alternately, you can issue

python setup.py bdist_rpm

to get an RPM you can install on other machines as well (it will show
up in the ./dist/ directory relative to setup.py). Good luck.