Does perlcc work OK?

francescomoi

Hi.

I'm working on Linux Fedora with Perl v5.8.3.

I try to create an executable binary from a simple Perl code
(hello.pl):
----------
#!/usr/bin/perl
open (logfile, ">>file.log");

print logfile ("Hello World\n");
close (logfile);

Tintin

Hi.

I'm working on Linux Fedora with Perl v5.8.3.

I try to create an executable binary from a simple Perl code
(hello.pl):
----------
#!/usr/bin/perl
open (logfile, ">>file.log");

print logfile ("Hello World\n");
close (logfile);
-----------

When compiling, I get some strange warnings:
[root@pc]# perlcc hello.pl -o execute
pccwqCJM.c: In function `perl_init_aaaa':
pccwqCJM.c:1185: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO
C90

Find out yourself.

perldoc perlcc
perldoc -q compile