    version of each, managed by it's own admins. Say each subgroup had a
    photo gallery and forum, each subgroups would be separate. Ideally a
    membership in subgroup A would not preclude membership in subgroup B.
    wheel, Feb 18, 2006

  2. wheel

    Rene Pijlman Guest

    wheel:
    >I'm not sure if this is the right venue for Plone questions, if not,
    >could someone ref me to a better one?

    The plone-users mailing list. Highly recommended.

    >The discussion groups on the plone site are mailing lists and I'd
    >rather not subscribe quite yet.

    Why not? It's free, takes 1 minute and you can unsubscribe at any time.

    >Does plone support distinct sets of users?

    Yes. There's a user-group mechanism.
    http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/understanding-permissions/tutorial-all-pages

    >That is, on a public website running plone, can it be configured such
    >that when a user logs in they are allowed access to a subgroup's main
    >page,

    That can be done with local roles on the sharing tab. See the link above.

    >get the subgroup's newsletter as well as the main site's newsletter etc?

    I'm not sure about that. I guess it depends on how you implement the
    newsletter. It may require a little customization or programming.

    --
    René Pijlman
    Rene Pijlman, Feb 18, 2006

  3. wheel

    Duncan Booth Guest

    wheel wrote:

    > I'm not sure if this is the right venue for Plone questions, if not,
    > could someone ref me to a better one? The discussion groups on the plone
    > site are mailing lists and I'd rather not subscribe quite yet.

    Use gmane.org: you get NNTP access to all the plone mailing lists (and
    several thousand others) and it will subscribe you automatically under
    its own email address if you choose to post (you have to respond to a
    confirmation email from gmane before first time you post to each
    newsgroup).

    http://dir.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.comp.web.zope.plone
    Duncan Booth, Feb 18, 2006
  4. wheel

    wheel Guest

    I was shy of setting up to recieve a bunch of emails, but I'll scope out
    the nttp option. Thanks to both of you.

    In article <>,
    lid says...

    wheel, Feb 18, 2006