Does python have an internal list/dictionary of functions?

Carl J. Van Arsdall

Python Gurus:

Let me elaborate a bit more on this question. Basically, I want to know
if there is some data structure in python that maps a string function
name to an address of a function or something to that nature.

If this is confusing, let me describe what I want to do and see if
anyone has any ideas.

basically we have:
.... pass
<function functA at 80db128>

And what I'd like to do is:
>>>__internalFuncDict__['functA']
<function functA at 80db128>

This is just for a little experimental project of mine, any help or
pointers to the proper pages in the manual would be greatly
appreciated. Basically, I know that I can create something like this if
I have to but I was very much hoping that something already existed
somewhere that I could get to via python or by writing a C extension.

Thanks in advance!

-carl

--

Carl J. Van Arsdall