    It does not work for me, the sample program crashes with no error
    message.
    , May 31, 2010

  2. Luis Lavena Guest

    On May 31, 2:04 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > Does Rails 3.0.0 beta3 work with ruby 1.9.1 on Windows XP?
    >
    > It does not work for me, the sample program crashes with no error
    > message.

    Rails default database is sqlite3.

    Did you install sqlite3-ruby gem? Did you downloaded and correctly
    placed sqlite3.dll to be used by the Gem?

    Are you using Mongrel?

    Did you use another database adapter for Rails, like MySQL? have you
    installed the corresponding gem and libraries for it?

    What development.log contains?

    You have all that information available in your side, while we only
    can guess what is your problem...

    Please try be more specific and try to provide more information.

    Help us help you.
    --
    Luis Lavena
    Luis Lavena, May 31, 2010

    The sqlite3-ruby gem was installed and the sqlite3.dll was correctly
    placed in C:\Ruby19\bin. I am not using Mongrel. Although MySQL is
    installed I am not using it for any of the tests.

    System tests were constructed in the c:\tmp directory as follows:
    =3D=3D=3Dbegin=3D=3D
    rails test01
    cd test01
    bundle install
    rails server
    =3D=3D=3Dend=3D=3D=3D

    When browser is given http://localhost:3000/ the standard Welcome
    aboard screen displays. HOWEVER, when you click on the About your
    applications environment link Ruby.exe crashes intermittently with the
    following error information.
    =3D=3D=3Dbegin=3D=3D=3D
    ruby.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    for the inconvenience.

    Error signature
    AppName: ruby.exe AppVer: 1.9.1.0 ModName: msvcrt.dll
    ModVer: 7.0.2600.5512 Offset: 000378ac

    Exception Information
    Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000

    There is a lot more windows information....
    =3D=3D=3Dend=3D=3D=3D

    The project development log says the following when it does NOT work.
    =3D=3D=3Dbegin=3D=3D=3D
    Started GET "/rails/info/properties" for 127.0.0.1 at 2010-05-31
    02:58:32
    Processing by Rails::InfoController#properties as */*
    =3D=3D=3Dend=3D=3D=3D

    The project development log says the following when it does work.
    =3D=3D=3Dbegin=3D=3D=3D
    Started GET "/rails/info/properties" for 127.0.0.1 at 2010-05-31
    02:58:32
    Processing by Rails::InfoController#properties as */*

    Started GET "/rails/info/properties" for 127.0.0.1 at 2010-05-31
    02:59:56
    Processing by Rails::InfoController#properties as */*
    =1B[1m=1B[36mSQL (0.0ms)=1B[0m =1B[1m SELECT name
    FROM sqlite_master
    WHERE type =3D 'table' AND NOT name =3D 'sqlite_sequence'
    =1B[0m
    Rendered inline template (0.0ms)
    Completed 200 OK in 320ms (Views: 0.0ms | ActiveRecord: 0.0ms)
    =3D=3D=3Dend=3D=3D=3D

    I have created new projects, test02,test03,... and I have restarted
    the rails server in the same project several times. I have not been
    able to establish a pattern of when or why it sometimes fails.

    Thank you for any help you can provide.
    , May 31, 2010
  4. Luis Lavena Guest

    On May 31, 7:34 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > The sqlite3-ruby gem was installed and the sqlite3.dll was correctly
    > placed in C:\Ruby19\bin. I am not using Mongrel. Although MySQL is
    > installed I am not using it for any of the tests.
    >
    > System tests were constructed in the c:\tmp directory as follows:
    > ===begin==
    > rails test01
    > cd test01
    > bundle install
    > rails server
    > ===end===
    >
    > When browser is givenhttp://localhost:3000/the standard Welcome
    > aboard screen displays. HOWEVER, when you click on the About your
    > applications environment link Ruby.exe crashes intermittently with the
    > following error information.

    C:\Users\Luis\Projects\_sandbox>ruby -v
    ruby 1.9.1p378 (2010-01-10 revision 26273) [i386-mingw32]

    C:\Users\Luis\Projects\_sandbox>rails --version
    Rails 3.0.0.beta3

    C:\Users\Luis\Projects\_sandbox>gem list sqlite3-ruby

    *** LOCAL GEMS ***

    sqlite3-ruby (1.3.0.beta.2 x86-mingw32, 1.2.5 x86-mingw32)

    C:\Users\Luis\Projects\_sandbox>rails test3
    C:\Users\Luis\Projects\_sandbox\test3>bundle check
    The Gemfile's dependencies are satisfied

    rails server

    and requesting rails properties in the about page generates a segfault
    (something lot of users have reported about Rails 3 and 1.9.1 version
    of Ruby).

    I heard that the same is true for 1.8.7 and Rails-core recommends
    updating to 1.9.2 (which hasn't been released yet).

    Any more familiarized with Rails can comment on this.

    --
    Luis Lavena
    Luis Lavena, May 31, 2010
  5. [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]

    I think rails 3 does not support Ruby 1.9.1. You have to use ruby 1.9.2-head
    instead if you want to use the 1.9 version.

    Vinicius Baggio Fuentes
    http://www.vinibaggio.com

    Vinícius Baggio Fuentes, May 31, 2010
  6. Roger Pack Guest

    Dave Hurrell wrote:
    > Does Rails 3.0.0 beta3 work with ruby 1.9.1 on Windows XP?
    >
    > It does not work for me, the sample program crashes with no error
    > message.

    works ok for me using the rubyinstaller.

    -rp
    Roger Pack, Jun 2, 2010