    Thanks for your information.

    Regards
    Warren

    Warren Tang, Sep 16, 2008

  2. Warren Tang

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Sep 16, 2008

  3. Warren Tang

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Warren Tang wrote:

    > Does Sun provide a NNTP newsgroups server? I know some companies like
    > Microsoft and Eclipse provide such a server.

    Sun doesn't. The forums they host are all on websites, rather than being
    based on or gatewayed through NNTP.

    > If Sun doesn't provide such a server, how you guys connect to this
    > newsgroup?

    Any normal news server - it's a public group, not one run by Sun. In my
    case, it's news.individual.net. You seem to be connecting through
    aioe.org, which evidently works fine too.

    tom

    --
    Any problem in computer science can be solved with another layer of
    indirection. -- David Wheeler

    Tom Anderson, Sep 16, 2008
  4. Warren Tang wrote:
    > Does Sun provide a NNTP newsgroups server? I know some companies like
    > Microsoft and Eclipse provide such a server.

    This newsgroup, c.l.j.p, is part of the Big 8 hierarchy, which means any
    Usenet server (most ISPs provide one; there are also reams of non-ISP
    servers) will support this newsgroup.

    The Microsoft groups, microsoft.*, are not part of the Big 8 and were
    created by Microsoft and are redistributed on many systems. No, I don't
    believe Sun has its own newsgroups.

    tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth

    Joshua Cranmer, Sep 16, 2008