Does Sun provide a NNTP newsgroups server?

Warren Tang

Hello, everyone

Does Sun provide a NNTP newsgroups server? I know some companies like
Microsoft and Eclipse provide such a server.

If Sun doesn't provide such a server, how you guys connect to this
newsgroup?

Thanks for your information.

Regards
Warren

Tom Anderson

Does Sun provide a NNTP newsgroups server? I know some companies like
Microsoft and Eclipse provide such a server.

Sun doesn't. The forums they host are all on websites, rather than being
based on or gatewayed through NNTP.
If Sun doesn't provide such a server, how you guys connect to this
newsgroup?

Any normal news server - it's a public group, not one run by Sun. In my
case, it's news.individual.net. You seem to be connecting through
aioe.org, which evidently works fine too.

tom

Joshua Cranmer

Warren said:
Does Sun provide a NNTP newsgroups server? I know some companies like
Microsoft and Eclipse provide such a server.

This newsgroup, c.l.j.p, is part of the Big 8 hierarchy, which means any
Usenet server (most ISPs provide one; there are also reams of non-ISP
servers) will support this newsgroup.

The Microsoft groups, microsoft.*, are not part of the Big 8 and were
created by Microsoft and are redistributed on many systems. No, I don't
believe Sun has its own newsgroups.