Does the executable generated from perlcc needs the library(.pm) files in the same place as compilat

Ling

Hi,

Does the executable generated from perlcc need the .pm files in the
same place as compilation time? I can't get the compiled code run on a
machine with different perl home. I tried setting PREL5LIB, it didn't
help. It keeps on complaining not being able to find the .pm files. It
looks like it hardcode the path for .pm files during compilation. Is
this the expected behavior? If yes, are there other utilities to
compile the perl code into binary and not hardcode the path for .pm?
Thanks a lot,

Ling

Sisyphus

Ling said:
Hi,

Does the executable generated from perlcc need the .pm files in the
same place as compilation time? I can't get the compiled code run on a
machine with different perl home. I tried setting PREL5LIB, it didn't
help. It keeps on complaining not being able to find the .pm files. It
looks like it hardcode the path for .pm files during compilation. Is
this the expected behavior? If yes, are there other utilities to
compile the perl code into binary and not hardcode the path for .pm?
Thanks a lot,

You'll get better milage with the PAR module's pp utility.

Cheers,
Rob