Does the framework need to be in place for a local ASP.NET App?

Guest

I would like to develop an application that doubles as a served application
when SQL server is visible on the network, and a Local Client app (Like a
windows app that uses the browser) that connects to --say Oledb Jet 4.0
(Access) when the SQL Server is not visible, (or any internet connection, for
that matter) Yes, I want it to stay browser based for the sake of the user
only going to one place to run this app.

My question is, when I deploy and deliver this app, will it have all the
resources that it needs to run the local part without IIS? or will it need
to be specified in the installation package?

Joshua Flanagan

You will need to install it (and IIS) on the user's computer, and
configure IIS. Or, you will need to create your own service to host the
ASP.NET process (System.Web.Hosting).
It is definitely more involved then just giving the user some .aspx pages.