Does the gcc compiler have a VC 6.0 C++ compilation mode (interfacing with classes over dll boundar

bramdoornbos

Hello,

I am looking for a solution to interface with C++ classes implemented
in a dll compiled by gcc.
This dll will be however accessed by a visual c++ compiled host (not
made by me).

Both implementations will share headers that define virtual c++ class
interfaces.

Is this possible? In other words, can the gcc compiler behave like the
Visual C++ compiler?
I know that by default the object memory mapping model differs for both
compilers.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Bram Doornbos

nkprajapati

Hello,

I am looking for a solution to interface with C++ classes implemented
in a dll compiled by gcc.
This dll will be however accessed by a visual c++ compiled host (not
made by me).

Both implementations will share headers that define virtual c++ class
interfaces.

Is this possible? In other words, can the gcc compiler behave like the
Visual C++ compiler?
I know that by default the object memory mapping model differs for both
compilers.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Bram Doornbos

Then How to access Native OS functionality ? Windows native calls are
quite different than that of unix. So even if you are able to map
memory model, native call issue is still there.

--Naresh Prajapati

bramdoornbos

Thank you for your quick response, but I think you don't understand my
question.

I now use gcc to compile win32 binaries (using cygwin and mingw).
There are no native os calls to unix or linux involved here.

My question is about the difference in memory layout of C++ classes
between gcc and vc++ and if this can be made compatible by using any
compiler directive at the gcc side...

(e-mail address removed) schreef:

JH Trauntvein

Hello,

I am looking for a solution to interface with C++ classes implemented
in a dll compiled by gcc.
This dll will be however accessed by a visual c++ compiled host (not
made by me).

Both implementations will share headers that define virtual c++ class
interfaces.

Is this possible? In other words, can the gcc compiler behave like the
Visual C++ compiler?
I know that by default the object memory mapping model differs for both
compilers.

You might have better results by posting your question on gnu.c++.help.

Regards,

Jon Trauntvein

Kai-Uwe Bux

Thank you for your quick response, but I think you don't understand my
question.

I now use gcc to compile win32 binaries (using cygwin and mingw).
There are no native os calls to unix or linux involved here.

My question is about the difference in memory layout of C++ classes
between gcc and vc++ and if this can be made compatible by using any
compiler directive at the gcc side...
[snip]

a) Please do not top-post.
b) Your question is off-topic here and belongs in a dedicated gcc forum.
c) Please the FAQ and the Welcome post for what is topical in this group.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux