Does the onblur event still work in IE7?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Kotuby, Jun 24, 2008.

  1. John Kotuby

    John Kotuby Guest

    Hi all,

    I am integrating some 3rd party grids into a large ASPX form page in VS 2008
    using VB.

    I have 4 different grids on the page. The object is to not allow the user to
    leave a grid if he/she is in the middle of editing a row and has not
    selected the button to "save" the changes to the client-mode grid. BTW, none
    of these "changes" are actually saved to the database until the entire page
    is posted back (I am not using Callbacks on each row edit).

    So I am trying to apply the onblur event to the Table element that contains
    the Grid. Even though I have read much documentation that states onblur will
    operate with Table and Div elements, the JavaScript function I have created
    as a handler is not firing.

    Thus I pose the question.

    I notice that intellisense does not allow onblur to be entered for a Table
    element but does allow it for an input type="text".

    I have created the attribute in server code for this reason.
    Me.Grid1.Attributes.Add("onblur", "isGrid1Editing()")

    The onblur attribute appears in the generated HTML but it does not seem to
    be firing.
    Can anyone explain why this might be the case?
    Thanks for any response...

    John Kotuby, Jun 24, 2008

  2. John Kotuby

    Munna Guest