Does there exist a "libwav" for Linux so I can read/write wave files?

Louise Hoffman

Dear developers,

Does anyone know if there is a library that can read and write wave
files for Linux?

Lots of love,
Louise

Jens Thoms Toerring

Louise Hoffman said:
Does anyone know if there is a library that can read and write wave
files for Linux?

You better ask this in a Linux group, like for example
comp.os.linux.development.apps. And if you do you should
explain a bit more what "wave files" are.

<OT>
If you mean WAV files have a look at www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/.
(first Google result for "wav library linux";-)
</OT>
Regards, Jens

Louise Hoffman

It may not sound very convincing, but I had really searched a lot =)
But not "wav library linux" =)

libsndfile is perfect. Thanks =)

Guest

| It may not sound very convincing, but I had really searched a lot =)
| But not "wav library linux" =)
|
| libsndfile is perfect. Thanks =)

Colloquial name shortening ala Microsoft DOS filename limitations.

Richard Bos

| It may not sound very convincing, but I had really searched a lot =)
| But not "wav library linux" =)
|
| libsndfile is perfect. Thanks =)

Colloquial name shortening ala Microsoft DOS filename limitations.

Dunno, _that_ sample looks more like Unix filename shortening to me.

Richard

Nobody

Dunno, _that_ sample looks more like Unix filename shortening to me.

I think that Phil was referring to "wave" files having the "wav" extension
due to 8.3 limitations.

Guest

|>> |

|>> Colloquial name shortening ala Microsoft DOS filename limitations.
|>
|> Dunno, _that_ sample looks more like Unix filename shortening to me.
|
| I think that Phil was referring to "wave" files having the "wav" extension
| due to 8.3 limitations.

Yes. That exactly.