Does there exist a "libwav" for Linux so I can read/write wave files?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Louise Hoffman, Aug 27, 2009.

  1. Dear developers,

    Does anyone know if there is a library that can read and write wave
    files for Linux?

    Lots of love,
    Louise
     
    Louise Hoffman, Aug 27, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Louise Hoffman <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know if there is a library that can read and write wave
    > files for Linux?


    You better ask this in a Linux group, like for example
    comp.os.linux.development.apps. And if you do you should
    explain a bit more what "wave files" are.

    <OT>
    If you mean WAV files have a look at www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/.
    (first Google result for "wav library linux";-)
    </OT>
    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___
    \__________________________ http://toerring.de
     
    Jens Thoms Toerring, Aug 27, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Re: Does there exist a "libwav" for Linux so I can read/write wavefiles?

    It may not sound very convincing, but I had really searched a lot =)
    But not "wav library linux" =)

    libsndfile is perfect. Thanks =)
     
    Louise Hoffman, Aug 27, 2009
    #3
  4. Louise Hoffman

    Guest

    Re: Does there exist a "libwav" for Linux so I can read/write wave ?files?

    On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:01:59 -0700 (PDT) Louise Hoffman <> wrote:

    | It may not sound very convincing, but I had really searched a lot =)
    | But not "wav library linux" =)
    |
    | libsndfile is perfect. Thanks =)

    Colloquial name shortening ala Microsoft DOS filename limitations.

    --
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Phil Howard KA9WGN | http://linuxhomepage.com/ http://ham.org/ |
    | (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/ http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
     
    , Aug 29, 2009
    #4
  5. Louise Hoffman

    Richard Bos Guest

    Re: Does there exist a "libwav" for Linux so I can read/write wave ?files?

    wrote:

    > On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:01:59 -0700 (PDT) Louise Hoffman <> wrote:
    >
    > | It may not sound very convincing, but I had really searched a lot =)
    > | But not "wav library linux" =)
    > |
    > | libsndfile is perfect. Thanks =)
    >
    > Colloquial name shortening ala Microsoft DOS filename limitations.


    Dunno, _that_ sample looks more like Unix filename shortening to me.

    Richard
     
    Richard Bos, Aug 31, 2009
    #5
  6. Louise Hoffman

    Nobody Guest

    Re: Does there exist a "libwav" for Linux so I can read/write wave ?files?

    On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:15:33 +0000, Richard Bos wrote:

    >> | It may not sound very convincing, but I had really searched a lot =)
    >> | But not "wav library linux" =)
    >> |
    >> | libsndfile is perfect. Thanks =)
    >>
    >> Colloquial name shortening ala Microsoft DOS filename limitations.

    >
    > Dunno, _that_ sample looks more like Unix filename shortening to me.


    I think that Phil was referring to "wave" files having the "wav" extension
    due to 8.3 limitations.
     
    Nobody, Aug 31, 2009
    #6
  7. Louise Hoffman

    Guest

    Re: Does there exist a "libwav" for Linux so I can read/write wave ?files?

    On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:06:30 +0100 Nobody <> wrote:
    | On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:15:33 +0000, Richard Bos wrote:
    |
    |>> | It may not sound very convincing, but I had really searched a lot =)
    |>> | But not "wav library linux" =)
    |>> |
    |>> | libsndfile is perfect. Thanks =)
    |>>
    |>> Colloquial name shortening ala Microsoft DOS filename limitations.
    |>
    |> Dunno, _that_ sample looks more like Unix filename shortening to me.
    |
    | I think that Phil was referring to "wave" files having the "wav" extension
    | due to 8.3 limitations.

    Yes. That exactly.

    --
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Phil Howard KA9WGN | http://linuxhomepage.com/ http://ham.org/ |
    | (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/ http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
     
    , Sep 1, 2009
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. LT
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    2,114
    Phlip
    Jul 25, 2004
  2. red floyd
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,075
    Nathan Wijnia
    Jun 21, 2007
  3. Karthik
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    814
    Karthik
    Sep 5, 2007
  4. rara10
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    957
    rara10
    Jan 30, 2009
  5. Shiva
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,680
    Chris Maryan
    Feb 2, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page