Does this architecture make sense?

J Ames

This one is directed to the very seasoned ASP.NET developers & architects.
I want to implement a new URL standard for a client that would be similar to
something I've done in the JSP/servlet world in the past. However, I'm not
sure if it's technically viable in .NET or if there's a best way to
implement. I want to implement a controller application that handles all
URL redirections. For example, I want to create a table that references all
of the client's applications and assign each one an ID. Instead of linking
directly to the web sites, I want to link to the controller and pass a query
string variable that references the ID. The controller would then take care
of any housekeeping and logging and would then redirect to the referenced
site that is linked to that ID. So every URL would be like
http://www.mycompany.com/AppControl?id=1000. Is there a best practices way
to do this in ASP.NET 2.0 such that it's scaleable and serializable? This
would be for a Internet web site that receives about 1000 hits a day from
customers and vendors.

Thanks,
Jay