  1. Does TKinter have a Grid widget ?
    If not (as I assume), what is the alternative ?

    Pete

    Peter Moscatt, May 10, 2005

  2. Peter Moscatt wrote:
    > Does TKinter have a Grid widget ?
    > If not (as I assume), what is the alternative ?
    >
    > Pete

    Pete,

    If by grid you mean Table widget or Spreadsheet type widget then no Tk
    does not have one (therefore nor does Tkinter) However as luck would
    have it there are a couple of extensions to Tk that provide a Table
    widget both Tk 'c' based and Tcl based.

    for more about this (and lots of other useful stuff!)

    http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/Widgets

    It mentions two Table widgets, Tktable and tablelist both have python
    (tkinter) wrappers

    Martin

    Martin Franklin, May 10, 2005

  3. Harlin Seritt, May 10, 2005
  4. Mardy..... that's exactly what I was chasing. I have downloaded the
    tarball now it's just a matter of working out how I use Tcl with Python -
    and I guess it won't hurt if I also use Tk in there as well....

    Pete

    Peter Moscatt, May 10, 2005