Does TKinter Have A Grid ?

Peter Moscatt

Does TKinter have a Grid widget ?
If not (as I assume), what is the alternative ?

Pete

Martin Franklin

Peter said:
Does TKinter have a Grid widget ?
If not (as I assume), what is the alternative ?

Pete

Pete,

If by grid you mean Table widget or Spreadsheet type widget then no Tk
does not have one (therefore nor does Tkinter) However as luck would
have it there are a couple of extensions to Tk that provide a Table
widget both Tk 'c' based and Tcl based.

for more about this (and lots of other useful stuff!)

http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/Widgets

It mentions two Table widgets, Tktable and tablelist both have python
(tkinter) wrappers

Martin

Peter Moscatt

Mardy..... that's exactly what I was chasing. I have downloaded the
tarball now it's just a matter of working out how I use Tcl with Python -
and I guess it won't hurt if I also use Tk in there as well....

Pete