    MyCoordinates.Add(myArray);
    ViewState.Remove("Coordinates");
    ViewState.Add("Coordinates", MyCoordinates);

    GS, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Did you try Googling for the error message ?

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...this page and might be corrupted"&btnG=Search

    These are good candidates for an answer :

    http://forums.asp.net/1181187/ShowPost.aspx

    http://www.issociate.de/board/post/290580/Problem_with_porting_1.1_code_to_2.0.html

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com
    ==================================
    "GS" <> wrote in message news:...
    Hello,

    I'm receiving The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted error message
    when running code below. This happens on second post back. Why is it happening?
    My webpage contains 2 dropdowns controls and I save information entered by user in ViewState
    variable containing array

    ArrayList MyCoordinates = (ArrayList) ViewState ["Coordinates"];
    if (MyCoordinates == null)
    {
    MyCoordinates = new ArrayList ();
    }
    int[,] myArray = { { int.Parse ( DropX.SelectedValue.ToString ()), int.Parse
    (DropY.SelectedValue.ToString()) } };

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 3, 2006

  3. GS

    GS Guest

    Thanks. Did not found those only once relevant to MAC address issue.

    GS, Feb 3, 2006
  4. Cool. I hope those messages have the answer for you.

    In general, Googling for an *verbatim* error message is a great way to find out
    what others have done when they received the same error message.

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 3, 2006
  5. GS

    GS Guest

    Well, suggestions did no really fix the problem. Even after disabling EventValidation still getting the same issue.

    Server Error in '/ImageRoll' Application.

    The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

    Source Error:

    [No relevant source lines]

    Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\imageroll\4129d9e3\c49c091d\App_Web_yoejhrso.2.cs Line: 0

    Stack Trace:

    [EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.]
    System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile() +54
    System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte() +2761294
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +138
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +358
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Stream inputStream) +223

    [ArgumentException: The serialized data is invalid.]
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Stream inputStream) +309
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +394
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState) +30
    System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter, String serializedState) +52
    System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +155

    [ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
    Client IP: 127.0.0.1
    Port:

    [HttpException (0x80004005): The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.]
    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +171
    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowViewStateError(Exception inner, String persistedState) +37
    System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +269
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +137
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +102
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5914
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +188
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +112
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +37
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +135
    ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\imageroll\4129d9e3\c49c091d\App_Web_yoejhrso.2.cs:0
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +401
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +117

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

    GS, Feb 3, 2006
  6. OK, let's go to plan "B"... ;-)

    Are you trying to retrieve a value from ViewState ?

    If so, is there an alternate method you could use to persist that value ?
    ( Instead of using ViewState...so you'd have a workaround. )

    Can you post part of the offending code ?
    (The part where you retrieve the Viewstate value...)

    "GS" <> wrote in message news:%...
    Well, suggestions did no really fix the problem. Even after disabling EventValidation still getting
    the same issue.

    Server Error in '/ImageRoll' Application.

    The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.
    review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 3, 2006
  7. GS

    GS Guest

    Here is offending method. This is being run when button is pressed. It works first time but not second time. I can store data somewhere else but I'd rather troubleshoot and do it as designed.

    GS, Feb 3, 2006
  8. Do you have an "else" clause after that "if" clause ?

    That would explain why it works the first time ( when MyCoordinates == null )
    but doesn't work the second time ( when MyCoordinates !null ).

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 3, 2006