Does Visual Studio.NET PRO 2005 include ASP.NET web service template?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rachel Garrett, Jun 27, 2008.

  1. This is driving me mad. I have Visual Studio.NET PRO 2005 installed on
    my machine at work. I want to write a web service. I find lots of
    tutorials on how to do this with Visual Studio.NET; some are even
    Visual Studio.NET 2005.

    These tutorials all have screenshots of the "Visual Studio Installed
    Templates" under Visual C#. Here is one example:

    http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/HelloWorld/Helloworld.aspx

    This person's Visual Studio 2005 IDE includes the following Visual C#
    installed templates:

    --Windows Application
    --Class Library
    --Windows Control Library
    --Console Application
    --ASP.NET Web Application

    The last one is what I want. But my Visual Studio.NET Pro 2005
    includes:

    --Windows Application
    --Console Application
    --Crystal Reports Application
    --Class Library
    --Windows Library
    --Device Application

    So far, I have two theories:

    1) Microsoft, for some reason, took away ASP.NET Web Application in
    the "pro" version.
    2) I was given the wrong version of Visual Studio, not the .NET
    version.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Rachel
    Rachel Garrett, Jun 27, 2008

  2. Rachel Garrett

    sloan Guest

    Install VS2005 SP1

    sloan, Jun 27, 2008

  3. Rachel Garrett

    sloan Guest

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...-studio-2005-service-pack-1-sp1-released.aspx

    //quote from second paragraph
    This SP release is a pretty major service pack, and incorporates a lot of
    bug-fixes and feedback from customers. Included built-in with the service
    pack is support for VS 2005 Web Application Projects
    //end quote

    ScottGu (as usual) has all the answers.

    sloan, Jun 27, 2008
  4. Re: Does Visual Studio.NET PRO 2005 include ASP.NET web servicetemplate?

    This worked. Thank you very much!

    --Rachel
    Rachel Garrett, Jun 30, 2008