    received", or "server not responded yet"? I find somewhat conflicting
    answers from various sources, although I think the former is more
    likely.

    David Karr, May 5, 2009

  2. David Karr wrote:
    > This is probably academic (I'm only trying to verify accuracy in a
    > manuscript), but for XHR state 2, does it mean "response headers
    > received", or "server not responded yet"? I find somewhat conflicting
    > answers from various sources, although I think the former is more
    > likely.

    Conflicting answers from various sources are to be expected because there is
    no implemented XHR standard (yet?). So, to answer your question: yes ;-)

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, May 5, 2009

  3. David Karr wrote:

    > This is probably academic (I'm only trying to verify accuracy in a
    > manuscript), but for XHR state 2, does it mean "response headers
    > received", or "server not responded yet"?  I find somewhat conflicting
    > answers from various sources, although I think the former is more
    > likely.

    The status descriptions from the docs are not necessarily conflicting:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms534361(VS.85).aspx
    "2 (Sent): The send method has been called. responseText is not
    available. responseBody is not available."

    https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XmlHttpRequest
    "2 LOADED: send() has been called, and headers and status are
    available."

    http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=79663&topic=11366
    "2 - The request was successfully sent."

    --
    Bart

    Bart Van der Donck, May 6, 2009