DoEvents in ASP?

Dennis Eklund

Hi all.

I have a question if there is some kind of DoEvents statment in ASP?
Im currently programming a web page that exports lots of images from an SQL
server to file and
it takes up to 1 or 2 minutes to finish. I would like to get some
information out on the webpage for
every file exported. Using response.write in the loop won't display until
the loop is finished.
Any suggestions? Please e-mail me at (e-mail address removed)

Bob Barrows

Dennis said:
Hi all.

I have a question if there is some kind of DoEvents statment in ASP?
Im currently programming a web page that exports lots of images from
an SQL server to file and
it takes up to 1 or 2 minutes to finish. I would like to get some
information out on the webpage for
every file exported. Using response.write in the loop won't display
until the loop is finished.
Any suggestions? Please e-mail me at (e-mail address removed)

You need to turn buffering on and use response.flush to send partial pages
to the client. I just posted an example of doing this - see the "Updating
textbox contents during asp progress" thread.

HTH,
Bob Barrows