Doing a HTTP DELETE operation with urllib2?

Roy Smith

Is there some way to make urllib2.urlopen() perform a DELETE instead of a GET or POST?

I'm hoping I don't have to dip way down into httplib. I've got an application test framework built on top of urllib2. It makes heavy use of HTTPCookieProcessor. If I need to use the httplib calls directly, I'll have to re-implement a lot of that machinery.

Douglas Landgraf

Steven D'Aprano

Ah, cool. I didn't know you could do that. Thanks.

Who are you talking to, and what is "that"?

Replies with no context are somewhat less than useful. It might have made
sense in your head when you wrote the reply, but to those reading, it is
rather cryptic.

Dave Angel

Who are you talking to, and what is "that"?

Replies with no context are somewhat less than useful. It might have made
sense in your head when you wrote the reply, but to those reading, it is
rather cryptic.
Actually I think he was replying to Roy Smith's message, which has a
timestamp of 77 minutes later. Interesting the effects you get when
some clocks are allowed to drift.