    I've since installed the gdbm library and want to build the gdbm module.
    I could do the whole configure/make thing, but that's kind of slow. Is
    there some way to just rebuild a single module?

    Roy Smith, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Roy Smith wrote:
    > A while ago, I build Python-2.3.4 from source on my OSX machine. At the
    > time, I didn't have the gdbm library installed, so the gdbm module
    > didn't get built.
    >
    > I've since installed the gdbm library and want to build the gdbm module.
    > I could do the whole configure/make thing, but that's kind of slow. Is
    > there some way to just rebuild a single module?

    Just typing "make" again should build any new modules that have
    been enabled by installing additional libraries -- without recompiling
    anything else.

    Irmen de Jong, Jun 30, 2004

  3. Roy Smith

    John J. Lee Guest

    Irmen de Jong <> writes:

    > Roy Smith wrote:

    [...]
    > > module. I could do the whole configure/make thing, but that's kind
    > > of slow. Is there some way to just rebuild a single module?

    > Just typing "make" again should build any new modules that have
    > been enabled by installing additional libraries -- without recompiling
    > anything else.

    Don't you need to do a ./configure too, first?

    John

    John J. Lee, Jun 30, 2004
  4. John J. Lee wrote:
    > Irmen de Jong <> writes:
    >
    >>Just typing "make" again should build any new modules that have
    >>been enabled by installing additional libraries -- without recompiling
    >>anything else.

    > Don't you need to do a ./configure too, first?

    I thought not. But I could be mistaken.
    (I thought the module compile process was smart
    enough to figure it out by itself, without
    needing ./configure again...)

    --Irmen

    Irmen de Jong, Jul 1, 2004
  5. (John J. Lee) writes:

    > Irmen de Jong <> writes:
    >
    > > Roy Smith wrote:

    > [...]
    > > > module. I could do the whole configure/make thing, but that's kind
    > > > of slow. Is there some way to just rebuild a single module?

    > > Just typing "make" again should build any new modules that have
    > > been enabled by installing additional libraries -- without recompiling
    > > anything else.

    > Don't you need to do a ./configure too, first?

    No. gdbmmodule is built by setup.py, so no autoconfery required.

    Cheers,
    mwh

    --
    > What are mathematicians' critical job skills? [...]

    The ability to work long and hard on entirely meaningless problems.
    -- Michael Hudson & Gordon McMillan, c.l.py

    Michael Hudson, Jul 8, 2004