doing standart window icons unvisible in python

gslm

Hi!
I want to do close-minimize icons unvisible in python.How can I do
this?I want to do this especially for printing.
And is it possible to provide .exe file for any program in python or
only we can change the file as .pyw?

Larry Bates

gslm said:
Hi!
I want to do close-minimize icons unvisible in python.How can I do
this?I want to do this especially for printing.
And is it possible to provide .exe file for any program in python or
only we can change the file as .pyw?
I don't understand what you mean by close-minimize icons unvisible, but
I can answer the .exe question. Take a look at py2exe which allows
you to bundle up python program as .exe for distribution. You can
see it a www.py2exe.org.

-Larry

Tim Golden

gslm said:
Hi!
I want to do close-minimize icons unvisible in python.How can I do
this?I want to do this especially for printing.
And is it possible to provide .exe file for any program in python or
only we can change the file as .pyw?

I *think* -- and it's a bit hard to tell from your
description -- that you want to print the client
area of a window, and not the non-client area
(which includes the max/min/close buttons).

A lot depends on whether it's your window or
someone else's. If it's yours, then you have some
control over the styling and do at least have the
window handle available to you. If it's someone
else's, you have to employ some fairly dark magic
to do what I think you want.

Depending on what you're after, you might find
the PIL ImageGrab module at least a useful tool:

http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/imagegrab.htm

But could you be more precise as to what you're
trying to do?

TJG

gslm

Only I want to print my application's view without these icons,ok.
Thanks.

And is it possible to provide .exe file for any program in python or
only we can change the file as .pyw?

Can you answer this question, too?
Regards...