DOM, JavaScript, and Browser differences

NeoAlchemy

I am looking for more information on what browsers do with HTML
elements. I noticed that in Firefox after grabbing an html element
through a dom method (getElementById was what i used) you can do
things that you can't do in IE. For instance. I can use a For in
loop with the element, there is a constructor property attached with
the element, and doing a toString I can find out what type of element
it is [object HTMLInputElement] (or something like that). These are
things that I can not do in IE. I am looking to get more information
on this. Any site that explains these differences? Anyone can
elaborate on this for me?

Martin Honnen

NeoAlchemy said:
I am looking for more information on what browsers do with HTML
elements. I noticed that in Firefox after grabbing an html element
through a dom method (getElementById was what i used) you can do
things that you can't do in IE. For instance.
I can use a For in
loop with the element,

I am sure IE allows you to use for..in too. But if you do a for..in with
a host object then it depends on the implementation of the host object
which properties are enumerable respectively whether there are any
enumerable properties.

NeoAlchemy

I am sure IE allows you to use for..in too. But if you do a for..in with
a host object then it depends on the implementation of the host object
which properties are enumerable respectively whether there are any
enumerable properties.

Is there any place that talks about the implementations for the host
objects for different browsers?