dom parser question

Discussion in 'XML' started by hilz, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. hilz

    hilz Guest

    Hi,
    I posted this question below on comp.lang.java.programmer but have not
    received any answers yet. I am posting here in hope of getting a respose.
    thanks.

    Hi:

    I am looking into using a DOM parser.
    I started with the one in JAXP, but that was a little too much work for
    what i need. In the JAXP documentation, they mention that for simpler
    cases, one might want to consider jdom or dom4j.

    I just tried dom4j, and it works pretty well...
    i have not tried jdom, but would like to ask if anyone has experience
    with both jdom and dom4j to give some advise.

    I would like to know which one is faster, which one is better maintained
    and up-to-date, which is more widely used and accepted by the
    community., which one is more likely to be around for a while....

    any more informaiton or insight is appreciated.

    thanks

    hilz, Nov 23, 2005