dom parser question

hilz

Hi,
I posted this question below on comp.lang.java.programmer but have not
received any answers yet. I am posting here in hope of getting a respose.
thanks.

Hi:

I am looking into using a DOM parser.
I started with the one in JAXP, but that was a little too much work for
what i need. In the JAXP documentation, they mention that for simpler
cases, one might want to consider jdom or dom4j.

I just tried dom4j, and it works pretty well...
i have not tried jdom, but would like to ask if anyone has experience
with both jdom and dom4j to give some advise.

I would like to know which one is faster, which one is better maintained
and up-to-date, which is more widely used and accepted by the
community., which one is more likely to be around for a while....

any more informaiton or insight is appreciated.

thanks