DOM related question and problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by elca, Nov 18, 2009.

  1. elca

    elca Guest

    Hello,
    these day im making python script related with DOM.

    problem is these day many website structure is very complicate .

    what is best method to check DOM structure and path..

    i mean...following is some example.

    what is best method to check can extract such like following info quickly?

    before i was spent much time to extract such info .

    and yes im also new to python and DOM.

    IE.Document.Frames(1).Document.forms('comment').value = 'hello'

    if i use DOM inspector, can i extract such info quickly ? if so would you
    show me some sample?

    here is some site . i want to extract some dom info.

    today i was spent all day long to extract what is dom info. but failed

    http://www.segye.com/Articles/News/...g2=00&subctg1=06&subctg2=00&cid=0101010600000

    at the end of this page,can find some comment input box.

    i want to know what kind of dom element should have to use, such like

    IE.Document.Frames(1).Document.forms('comment').value = 'hello'

    anyhelp much appreciate thanks

    elca, Nov 18, 2009

  2. Stefan Behnel, Nov 20, 2009

  3. elca

    elca Guest

    Stefan Behnel-3 wrote:

    > elca, 18.11.2009 19:04:
    >> these day im making python script related with DOM.
    >>
    >> problem is these day many website structure is very complicate .
    >> [...]
    >> what is best method to check can extract such like following info
    >> quickly?

    > This should help:
    >
    > http://blog.ianbicking.org/2008/12/10/lxml-an-underappreciated-web-scraping-library/
    >
    > Stefan

    hello
    yes..i know this website already.
    but failed to use it lxml solution

    elca, Nov 21, 2009
  4. elca

    bla bla Guest

    Nice post on extracting data, simple and too the point :), I use
    python for simple html extracting data, but for larger projects like
    the web, files, or documents i tried <a href="http://
    www.extractingdata.com">extract data</a> which worked great, they
    build quick custom screen scrapers, extracting data, and data parsing
    programs
    bla bla, Dec 2, 2009
  5. bla bla schrieb:
    > Nice post on extracting data, simple and too the point :), I use
    > python for simple html extracting data, but for larger projects like
    > the web, files, or documents i tried <a href="http://
    > www.extractingdata.com">extract data</a> which worked great, they
    > build quick custom screen scrapers, extracting data, and data parsing
    > programs

    You don't happen to be affiliated with that commercial venture?

    Which seems to be shady, to say the least. No real address, dns
    registered by a rather shady provider... better steer clear from this,
    and use lxml.

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Dec 2, 2009