DOM related question and problem

elca

Hello,
these day im making python script related with DOM.

problem is these day many website structure is very complicate .

what is best method to check DOM structure and path..

i mean...following is some example.

what is best method to check can extract such like following info quickly?

before i was spent much time to extract such info .

and yes im also new to python and DOM.

IE.Document.Frames(1).Document.forms('comment').value = 'hello'

if i use DOM inspector, can i extract such info quickly ? if so would you
show me some sample?

here is some site . i want to extract some dom info.

today i was spent all day long to extract what is dom info. but failed

http://www.segye.com/Articles/News/...g2=00&subctg1=06&subctg2=00&cid=0101010600000

at the end of this page,can find some comment input box.

i want to know what kind of dom element should have to use, such like

IE.Document.Frames(1).Document.forms('comment').value = 'hello'

anyhelp much appreciate thanks

bla bla

Nice post on extracting data, simple and too the point :), I use
python for simple html extracting data, but for larger projects like
the web, files, or documents i tried <a href="http://
www.extractingdata.com">extract data</a> which worked great, they
build quick custom screen scrapers, extracting data, and data parsing
programs

Diez B. Roggisch

bla said:
Nice post on extracting data, simple and too the point :), I use
python for simple html extracting data, but for larger projects like
the web, files, or documents i tried <a href="http://
www.extractingdata.com">extract data</a> which worked great, they
build quick custom screen scrapers, extracting data, and data parsing
programs

You don't happen to be affiliated with that commercial venture?

Which seems to be shady, to say the least. No real address, dns
registered by a rather shady provider... better steer clear from this,
and use lxml.

Diez