Domain Driven Design and Python

José María

Hi,

I've been searching for information about the application of DDD
principles in
Python and I did'nt found anything!

Is DDD obvious in Python or is DDD inherent to static languages like
Java or C#?

Cheers.

Chris Rebert

Hi,

I've been searching for information about the application of DDD
principles in
Python and I did'nt found anything!

Is DDD obvious in Python or is DDD inherent to static languages like
Java or C#?

Reading the Wikipedia article, it seems it was developed somewhat from
the viewpoint of someone who uses a static language, but I see
absolutely no reason why you couldn't apply the principles to coding
in Python; just beware of slavishly following static
conventions/patterns unnecessarily (Python != Java).

Cheers,
Chris

Stef Mientki

José María said:
Hi,

I've been searching for information about the application of DDD
principles in
Python and I did'nt found anything!

Is DDD obvious in Python or is DDD inherent to static languages like
Java or C#?

Cheers.
I'm not a software guy, so I don't really understand those technical terms,
would call LabView a DDD ?
Are you looking for a specific domain or DDD in general ?

cheers,
Stef

José María

I'm not a software guy, so I don't really understand those technical terms,
would call LabView a DDD ?
Are you looking for a specificdomainor DDD in general ?

cheers,
Stef

DDD is more or less a methodology. I've used it with C# and I like it
very much.
The objetive of DDD is to create software that mirror the domain of
the problem,
you isolate this domain from the technical "problems" (persistence,
services,GUI).

I use DDD for nearly every problem I solve and it works :)

Cheers.

Kay Schluehr

Hi,

I've been searching for information about the application of DDD
principles in
Python and I did'nt found anything!
Is DDD obvious in Python or is DDD inherent to static languages like
Java or C#?

If you couldn't find anything I conclude that no one in the Python
community takes much care about mapping concepts like layers,
entities, aggregates, value objects etc. onto Python or even feels
that this improves the state of the art.

I'm pretty sure though that DDD is not bound to a particular type
system.

Terry Reedy

José María said:
DDD is more or less a methodology. I've used it with C# and I like it
very much.
The objetive of DDD is to create software that mirror the domain of
the problem,
you isolate this domain from the technical "problems" (persistence,
services,GUI).

I presume that many Python programmers do this without calling it 'DDD'.