Domain forwarding frameset wierdness

Mik Foggin

I have a website which is hosted in one place and has a domain registered
elsewhere which 'points' to the site using a frameset. Far from ideal but
nothing I can do for at least six months when the domain is due for
renewal.

The site itself works fine and displays properly but when viewd via the
domain frameset it suddenly aquires scrollbars top and right regardless
of whether or not they are required.

I have tried amending the main table on the page from 100% width to 90%
or fixed pixel width all to no avail.
Has anyone experienced this before or can recommend a course of action?
It is particularly bad at throwing out the print version of the css.

Details:
domain: http://www.thechameleons.com
hosting: http://www.wishville.co.uk/chamaleons/

domain forwarding code:

< html >
< head >
< title >The Chameleons< /title >
< /head >
< frameset cols="100%,*" >
< frame name="webfwd" src="http://www.wishville.co.uk/chameleons" >
< noframes >
Please upgrade your browser.< /p >
< /body >
< /noframes >
< /frameset >
< /html >

Any help greatfully received,

Thanks,

Mik

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Mik Foggin said:
I have a website which is hosted in one place and has a domain registered
elsewhere which 'points' to the site using a frameset. Far from ideal but
nothing I can do for at least six months when the domain is due for
renewal.

Curious. Why does the renewal date matter?

--Tina

Mik Foggin

Curious. Why does the renewal date matter?

--Tina

When the renewal is due I can move from the domain forwarding company to
the same company as the rest of my hosting and domains.
The reason they are different is historical rather than technical!

Cheers,

Mik

Toby A Inkster

Mik said:
When the renewal is due I can move from the domain forwarding company to
the same company as the rest of my hosting and domains.

I think Tina's point was that you can move it any time -- no need to wait.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Mik Foggin said:
When the renewal is due I can move from the domain forwarding company to
the same company as the rest of my hosting and domains.
The reason they are different is historical rather than technical!

You don't want to wait until the domain is up for renewal. If you are
planning on transferring to a different registration provider...do it ASAP.
You won't lose any time, because it will carry over to the new provider.
However, if you wait and find out that the domain is locked or any other
problem...it may take too long to find out, and you might miss the
expiration date. Always begin the transfer process a MINIMUM of 30 days
before the expiration date.

--Tina