domain host / control panels

Sez1

apologies if this is slightly OT; not sure if there is a NG that handles
domain hosting issues.

setting up a server to host 20 or 30 sites; want to buy a license for a
client control panel interface. Have some experience with CPanel (my
fave) and VDeck (not bad). Have been recommended one called "Plesk";
and wondering if anyone has any feedback or comments on that particular
GUI.

thanks for any help (or pointers to a better NG if exists$)

Sez

Mark Parnell

apologies if this is slightly OT; not sure if there is a NG that handles
domain hosting issues.

setting up a server to host 20 or 30 sites; want to buy a license for a
client control panel interface. Have some experience with CPanel (my
fave) and VDeck (not bad). Have been recommended one called "Plesk";
and wondering if anyone has any feedback or comments on that particular
GUI.

thanks for any help (or pointers to a better NG if exists$)

Sez

news://alt.www.webmaster would be the place to ask. Crossposted and
followups set. :)

Lois

:
: setting up a server to host 20 or 30 sites; want to buy a license for a
: client control panel interface. Have some experience with CPanel (my
: fave) and VDeck (not bad). Have been recommended one called "Plesk";
: and wondering if anyone has any feedback or comments on that particular
: GUI.

I've used Plesk 7 at the reseller, end user, and mail user levels, and I'm
impressed with it. You can view demos at
http://demos.aussieresources.com/index.htm or do a search for "Plesk 7 demo
center."

Lois