Domain name help needed

news.btconnect.com

I have a client who has a .com domain name, and the company they registered
the domain name with does not exist anymore.

The domain is registered to the client, and works fine - however... I
urgently need to transfer his domain name from one of our servers in the USA
to our server in the UK.

How does he/we go about taking control of the domain name? In the UK, we
have a company called nominet who setps in and resolves domain issues for
..co.uk domain names. Is there a company who can help in the same way, with
..com domain names?

Rob

Rob McAninch

I have a client who has a .com domain name, and the company
they registered the domain name with does not exist anymore.

This really isn't the correct group... AFAIK the company would
would be required to transfer control of the domain name to
another registrar (or maybe the company was only a reseller for a
registrar).

You can start with the results of a whois on the domain name. You
can also contact a new registrar that handles .com and they
should know how to get control of the domain name.

See http://www.internic.net/

Richard Sexton

I have a client who has a .com domain name, and the company they registered
the domain name with does not exist anymore.

The domain is registered to the client, and works fine - however... I
urgently need to transfer his domain name from one of our servers in the USA
to our server in the UK.

How does he/we go about taking control of the domain name? In the UK, we
have a company called nominet who setps in and resolves domain issues for
.co.uk domain names. Is there a company who can help in the same way, with
.com domain names?

I know something about this. Feel free to drop me an email.