Domain Names registration.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Lazo Basic, Dec 8, 2003.

  1. Lazo Basic

    Lazo Basic Guest

    Hi all,

    Could you help me please, I'm looking to register domain name. Which is the
    best and cheapest way to do this, which are the best companies on the net.

    What I need is domain name for example www.smith.com and to be able to
    assign mail boxes to it like etc. Also I need to be able to
    update site from home direct without going through someone else. Needs to
    include features like ASP, Pearl etc.. Support.

    Thank you for your help.

    --
    Lazo Basic
    e-mail: Lazo(at)blueyonder.co.uk
    Lazo Basic, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Lazo Basic

    Scott M. Guest

    Domain Name Registration is not the same thing as Web Site Hosting
    (allthough some registrars do web hosting and some hosts do registration).

    You can do a google.search for web hosting and find hundreds of companies
    that can do this for you. You really need to be more specific about your
    needs. Virtually all hosting services will offer you email accounts will
    aliasing but what about:

    hard drive storage size required for your site and supporting files
    bandwith requirements
    platform you want to have it hosted on
    supporting technoloiges (asp, .NET, .php, Java, etc.)
    What machines will host the site?
    Are they backed up? How often?
    Is there tech. support? What kind? When is it accessible?

    Scott M., Dec 8, 2003

  3. Lazo Basic

    David Guest

    Hi,

    You can register domains at http://www.FOCUSPortals.com or
    http://www.revilloc.com

    We can also do hosting, though not .NET yet. :-(

    Best regards,
    Dave Colliver.

    David, Dec 12, 2003