Domain query.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Andy, Mar 30, 2009.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "John Fitzsimons" <> wrote in message

    > A friend of mine wants me to see about transferring her domain to a
    > different host. When doing a WhoIs I see....

    > What does this mean please ? Does it mean that she cannot transfer her
    > own domain ? If so how does she get around that ? The guy who did her
    > site is very slow with changes etc. He hasn't apparently given her her
    > username/password for doing changes herself.
    >

    > Regards, John.

    Hi John,

    That status just means that the domain name is locked so that it can't be
    stolen. She needs to log into the admin page of the domain parking service
    she uses and unlock it there. Probably best to arrange the new parking host
    before unlocking though.

    Andy

    Andy, Mar 30, 2009

  2. Andy

    rf Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > "John Fitzsimons" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> A friend of mine wants me to see about transferring her domain to a
    >> different host. When doing a WhoIs I see....

    >> What does this mean please ? Does it mean that she cannot transfer
    >> her own domain ? If so how does she get around that ? The guy who
    >> did her site is very slow with changes etc. He hasn't apparently
    >> given her her username/password for doing changes herself.
    >>

    >> Regards, John.

    > Hi John,
    >
    > That status just means that the domain name is locked so that it
    > can't be stolen. She needs to log into the admin page of the domain
    > parking service she uses and unlock it there. Probably best to
    > arrange the new parking host before unlocking though.

    For which she will need the usernames and passwords.

    First thing to do is to obtain those item. All of them.

    John Fitzsimons, Mar 30, 2009
  4. On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:17:49 +0100, "Andy"
    <> wrote:

    >"John Fitzsimons" <> wrote in message

    >> A friend of mine wants me to see about transferring her domain to a
    >> different host. When doing a WhoIs I see....

    >> What does this mean please ? Does it mean that she cannot transfer her
    >> own domain ? If so how does she get around that ? The guy who did her
    >> site is very slow with changes etc. He hasn't apparently given her her
    >> username/password for doing changes herself.

    >That status just means that the domain name is locked so that it can't be
    >stolen. She needs to log into the admin page of the domain parking service
    >she uses and unlock it there. Probably best to arrange the new parking host
    >before unlocking though.

    Thank you Andy and rf. Your help is appreciated. :)

    John Fitzsimons, Apr 1, 2009