Domain URL in server variables? Same as Path_Info?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Guest, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Could someone tell me if there is any reliable server variable that returns
    the Domain Name + Path in ASP?

    I have tried:

    Request.serverVariables("URL")
    Request.serverVariables("PATH_INFO")

    Both Return:

    /ParentFolder/SubFolder/File.asp

    I want to get the following back:

    www.mysite/parentfolder/subfolder/file.asp

    The reason I ask is having to build string manipulation functions to strip
    out relevant Parent folder and append www. prefix and trailing sub folders:

    eg: "www." & ParentFolder & ".com" & SubPath

    Is there an easier way to translate to handle server variables in my
    applications rather than adding extra chunks of functions or having to build
    a custom .COM or go to .NET?

    There has to be a simpler way....?

    Thanks
    Jason