Don´t find HTMLgen

econtreras.bantech

Good day Mr. Guido, excuse my poor english.

I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
referenced in www.python.org it does not exist.

I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

Thank a lot,

Ernesto,

Caracas, Venezuela.

Daniel Fetchinson

Good day Mr. Guido, excuse my poor english.
I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
referenced in www.python.org it does not exist.

I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

Since gentoo and debian (I think) were packaging it you can get it
from their package repositories.

Cheers,
Daniel

Gabriel Genellina

I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
referenced in www.python.org it does not exist.

I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

I like HyperText a lot more than HTMLGen - but it's no more available.
Both pyWeb <http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/docs/> and XIST
<http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/> have evolved from it.
But I prefer to use a templating system rather than building HTML by code
<http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating>

Walter Dörwald

Gabriel said:
I like HyperText a lot more than HTMLGen - but it's no more available.
Both pyWeb <http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/docs/> and XIST
<http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/> have evolved from it.
But I prefer to use a templating system rather than building HTML by
code <http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating>

BTW, the newest version of XIST supports both (i.e. building HTML by
hand *and* a templating system). This templating system is even
crossplattform (currently Python and Java are supported).

Servus,
Walter

Tim Roberts

Thank a lote.

Allow me to second this idea. I used to be a huge HTMLgen fan, and I built
several CGI web sites using it, but I am now convinced that a templating
solution is better in virtually every case.