    Ernesto,

    Caracas, Venezuela.
    , Aug 14, 2008

  2. > Good day Mr. Guido, excuse my poor english.

    > I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
    > referenced in www.python.org it does not exist.
    >
    > I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
    > traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

    Since gentoo and debian (I think) were packaging it you can get it
    from their package repositories.

    Cheers,
    Daniel
    Daniel Fetchinson, Aug 15, 2008

  3. Re: Don´t find HTMLgen

    En Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:10:26 -0300, <>
    escribi�:

    > I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
    > referenced in www.python.org it does not exist.
    >
    > I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
    > traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

    I like HyperText a lot more than HTMLGen - but it's no more available.
    Both pyWeb <http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/docs/> and XIST
    <http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/> have evolved from it.
    But I prefer to use a templating system rather than building HTML by code
    <http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating>

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
    Gabriel Genellina, Aug 15, 2008

    On 15 ago, 00:10, "Gabriel Genellina" <> wrote:
    > En Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:10:26 -0300, <>
    > escribi :
    >
    > > I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
    > > referenced inwww.python.orgit does not exist.

    > > I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
    > > traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

    > I like HyperText a lot more than HTMLGen - but it's no more available.
    > Both pyWeb <http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/docs/> and XIST
    > <http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/> have evolved from it.
    > But I prefer to use a templating system rather than building HTML by code
    > <http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating>
    >
    > --
    > Gabriel Genellina

    Thank a lote.
    , Aug 15, 2008
  5. Re: Don´t find HTMLgen

    Gabriel Genellina wrote:
    > En Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:10:26 -0300, <>
    > escribi�:
    >
    >> I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
    >> referenced in www.python.org it does not exist.
    >>
    >> I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
    >> traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

    > I like HyperText a lot more than HTMLGen - but it's no more available.
    > Both pyWeb <http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/docs/> and XIST
    > <http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/> have evolved from it.
    > But I prefer to use a templating system rather than building HTML by
    > code <http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating>

    BTW, the newest version of XIST supports both (i.e. building HTML by
    hand *and* a templating system). This templating system is even
    crossplattform (currently Python and Java are supported).

    Servus,
    Walter
    Walter Dörwald, Aug 15, 2008
  6. Tim Roberts Guest

    wrote:

    >On 15 ago, 00:10, "Gabriel Genellina" <> wrote:
    >> En Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:10:26 -0300, <>
    >> escribi :
    >>
    >> > I am looking for HTMLgen module but not to find this, the link
    >> > referenced inwww.python.orgit does not exist.

    >> > I have need to develop in cgi and would want to do it of the possible
    >> > traditional form but, i like any module for my help.

    >> I like HyperText a lot more than HTMLGen - but it's no more available.
    >> Both pyWeb <http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb/docs/> and XIST
    >> <http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/> have evolved from it.
    >> But I prefer to use a templating system rather than building HTML by code
    >> <http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating>

    >Thank a lote.

    Allow me to second this idea. I used to be a huge HTMLgen fan, and I built
    several CGI web sites using it, but I am now convinced that a templating
    solution is better in virtually every case.
    --
    Tim Roberts,
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
    Tim Roberts, Aug 18, 2008