Donations sought for victims of terror in Beslan, Russia

Nikita Tovstoles

[alt.internet.wireless, alt.java.programmer]

Apologies for posting on topic not directly related to this newsgroup,
but I feel the urgency of situation rather warrants this.

International Foundation for Victims of Terror Acts is gathering
donations to be sent to the families of victims of the. This
organization is an IRS-recognized US Public Charity and transfers 100%
of donations *directly* to the families, with no administrative
overhead. As of sept. 4, hundreds of people already made their
contributions.

Please go to moscowhelp.org to learn more and contribute. Also, please
let your friends - online or otherwise - know about moscowhelp.org -
every dollar counts.

thank you
-nikita
PS. I am not affiliated with moscowhelp.org, just a concerned person
wanting to help

Paul Lutus

Nikita said:
[alt.internet.wireless, alt.java.programmer]

Apologies for posting on topic not directly related to this newsgroup,
but I feel the urgency of situation rather warrants this.

International Foundation for Victims of Terror Acts is gathering
donations to be sent to the families of victims of the. This
organization is an IRS-recognized US Public Charity

This is false. Visit the site and read the IRS letter for yourself. There is
a PDF copy of a letter from the IRS, which may or may not be legitimate,
that says this organization's status is accepted at face value but the IRS
is awaiting further information. It is NOT a "US Public Charity".
and transfers 100%
of donations *directly* to the families, with no administrative
overhead.

Good luck backing up this claim.

As is true of all such appeals, everyone who reads this appeal should
proceed very cautiously.

Richard Chrenko

Apologies for posting on topic not directly related to this newsgroup,
but I feel the urgency of situation rather warrants this.
International Foundation for Victims of Terror Acts is gathering
donations to be sent to the families of victims

Although your cause may be worthy, please realise that there are more
appropriate media channels for charity fund-raising. If everyone who
wanted to raise money for a good cause posted to every newsgroup they
found, the function of the newsgroup as an efficient exchange of highly
directed, technical information would cease to exist. Just imagine if
well-meaning organisations and individuals began soliciting money to help
the innocent victims of all of the world's conflicts - from Palestinian
widows whose children have been 'liquidated' by Israeli soldiers, to the
families of over 15000 Iraqi and Afghani civilians murdered by American
bombs. Please understand that we cannot allow the newsgroups to stray
off-topic or (heaven forbid) become politicised.