Dont know where to start ???

Graham Mattingley

I have a SQL database, which runs a basic search engine, it has about 3000
links at the moment. I am currently keeping track of the click through rate
and displaying in, below the link so it says HITS TODAY / HITS TOTAL.

What I would like to do now is to take it one start further and be able to
offer people the opportuntiy to have a small piece of code in their site,
that will be able to update another hits counter in my SQL server.

I obviously dont want to allow people to my SQL or open the 3306 port to the
public, I would just like to be able to load a small java / vbs or what
ever, to be able to write to my SQL..

I use http://www.counted.com/ at the moment, but I want to be able to do
just very basic hit counter, I think from looking at how other people seem
to do it, I might need to do this using Java Script..

Any Ideas ??

Regards

Graham Mattingley

Atrax

easy, give them an XML feed or perhaps even a javascript feed (such as
you might find at www.developersdex.com for instance), and ensure all
the clicktrhoughs go through a redirector page on your server.

effectively, when a user clicks a link, they go to your site first,
which logs the click, then on to the linked site.

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonkeys/components/Atrax.RichEdit/