  1. Alquemius

    Alquemius Guest

    Dont Read, that's a test!
    Alquemius, Dec 2, 2003

  2. "Alquemius" <> wrote in news:bqiu9a$h4i3
    @eui1nw.euskaltel.es:

    > Dont Read, that's a test!

    This ensures that your posts will probably never be read or responded to.

    --
    A. Sinan Unur

    Remove dashes for address
    Spam bait: mailto:
    A. Sinan Unur, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Alquemius <> wrote:

    > Dont Read, that's a test!

    If you were testing to see if a blatantly off-topic post
    would get you widely killfiled, then the test succeeded!

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Alquemius

    Alquemius Guest

    Of course... that is what i intended... just testing if the account was
    properly fixed...

    Anyway... thanks!

    Bye,
    Txema

    Alquemius, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Alquemius

    Ben Morrow Guest

    "Alquemius" <> wrote:
    > > This ensures that your posts will probably never be read or responded to.
    > >

    > Of course... that is what i intended... just testing if the account was
    > properly fixed...

    No, *all* your posts, *ever*.

    Ben

    - Pericles of Athens, c.430 B.C.
    Ben Morrow, Dec 2, 2003
  6. On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Ben Morrow revealed to the world that:

    > "Alquemius" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Of course... that is what i intended... just testing if the account was
    > > properly fixed...

    Damn right it's "properly fixed": in the permanent killfile.

    > No, *all* your posts, *ever*.

    As I see it, the options are very simple.

    If someone needs to post (to a normal group), it's because they have
    something to say to usenet. By posting whatever it is that they have
    to say to usenet, they get a free test too.

    If they have nothing to say to usenet, then it doesn't matter whether
    they post or not. Consequently, they have no need to make any test.

    If they're too empty-headed to grasp that, I'm not sure what use it
    would be to call their attention to the *.test groups.

    Ho hum. F'ups prophylactically redirected.
    Alan J. Flavell, Dec 2, 2003
  7. [ Please do not top-post.
    Please do not full-quote.
    ]

    Alquemius <> wrote:
    > "A. Sinan Unur" <> escribió en el mensaje
    >> "Alquemius" <> wrote in news:bqiu9a$h4i3
    >> @eui1nw.euskaltel.es:
    >>
    >> > Dont Read, that's a test!

    >> This ensures that your posts will probably never be read or responded to.

    > Of course... that is what i intended...

    I think you misunderstand.

    Many of the regulars here have made an entry in their
    newsreader's configuration to automatically delete every
    future post from

    (you should use a testing newgroup for testing, we discuss
    Perl in this here newsgroup)

    Why you would intend for the most-willing of question answerers to
    forever ignore your questions is a mystery...

    Tad McClellan, Dec 2, 2003
  8. "Alquemius" <> wrote in news:bqiu9a$h4i3
    @eui1nw.euskaltel.es:

    > Dont Read, that's a test!

    There are test newsgroups for this purpose (e.g. alt.test). Please don't
    pollute a technical newsgroup with test posts.

    --
    Eric
    Eric J. Roode, Dec 3, 2003
  9. Alquemius

    Si Ballenger Guest

    On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 19:12:19 -0600, "Eric J. Roode"
    <> wrote:

    >"Alquemius" <> wrote in news:bqiu9a$h4i3
    >@eui1nw.euskaltel.es:
    >
    >> Dont Read, that's a test!

    >There are test newsgroups for this purpose (e.g. alt.test). Please don't
    >pollute a technical newsgroup with test posts.

    Maybe he is testing to see who can read AND comprehend vs those
    that can't. ;-)
    Si Ballenger, Dec 3, 2003
  10. Alquemius wrote:
    > Dont Read, that's a test!

    Your wish is my command:

    *PLONK*

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Dec 3, 2003
  11. Alquemius

    Tom Guest

    > Why you would intend for the most-willing of question answerers to
    > forever ignore your questions is a mystery...

    really?

    Mmm, well I guess.
    After all, you all just wasted how many bytes of nonsense posting to a
    test...lol
    Tom, Dec 3, 2003
  12. Alquemius

    Keith Keller Guest

    Keith Keller, Dec 3, 2003
  13. Alquemius

    Tom Guest

    > So are you wasting bytes of nonsense responding to nonsense? I sense a
    > recursive algorithm here!
    >
    > - --keith

    and I knew that was coming :)
    Tom, Dec 3, 2003
  14. Hi Alquemius,

    Ignore the nettiquette police. Post away.

    Cheers,
    Ben Liddicott

    Ben Liddicott, Dec 3, 2003
  15. "Ben Liddicott" <> wrote in

    > Hi Alquemius,
    >
    > Ignore the nettiquette police. Post away.

    Sure, post anything you want. Job postings, your resume, ads for penis-
    enlargement pills and breast-enlargement creams.

    --
    Eric
    Eric J. Roode, Dec 3, 2003
  16. "Eric J. Roode" <> wrote in message news:Xns94464BC26FE28sdn.comcast@216.196.97.136...
    > "Ben Liddicott" <> wrote in

    Alquemius,

    > > Ignore the nettiquette police. Post away.

    > Sure, post anything you want. Job postings, your resume, ads for penis-
    > enlargement pills and breast-enlargement creams.

    I meant that he should post whatever question prompted him to join the group.

    I was also suggesting ignore the people who think that it's beneficial to spin off a whole thread castigating someone for wasting bandwidth. Now they have publically flamed and killfiled him, he has no reason to take account of their preferences.

    Cheers,
    Ben Liddicott
    Ben Liddicott, Dec 3, 2003
  17. Alquemius

    Keith Keller Guest

    Keith Keller, Dec 3, 2003
  18. Alquemius

    Alquemius Guest

    I am sorry for that HUGE mistake i have commited. It was just a test of my
    account, and i needed to do it in the channel i was intending to use.

    Up from this moment, that i hope everything is properly fixed, the main
    subject of every mail i post will be Perl Programming and all the terms
    related with biological aplications of Perl, ok?

    Once again... sorry.

    Txema

    PS: Its incredible that a 1KB test post can generate a conversation... lol

    "Keith Keller" <-francisco.ca.us> escribió en el
    mensaje news:-francisco.ca.us...
    Alquemius, Dec 3, 2003
  19. Alquemius

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Alquemius <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > I am sorry for that HUGE mistake i have commited. It was just a test of my
    > account, and i needed to do it in the channel i was intending to use.

    This is Usenet, there are no channels. What you are talking to is called
    a newsgroup. If the software you use to access Usenet doesn't allow you
    to post tests to a test group it is unfit for use. Get something else.

    You are on new territory and don't know the local habits. Sneering
    irony is not going to endear you to the natives.

    > Up from this moment, that i hope everything is properly fixed, the main
    > subject of every mail i post will be Perl Programming and all the terms
    > related with biological aplications of Perl, ok?

    Let's hope so. Note that by top-posting you have violated another Usenet
    rule. I guess it's best you take a look at the posting guidelines, posted
    regularly to this group.

    [...]

    > PS: Its incredible that a 1KB test post can generate a conversation... lol

    ....nor do the natives appreciate outright laughter at their strange habits.

    [TOFU snipped]

    Anno
    Anno Siegel, Dec 3, 2003
  20. Alquemius

    Alquemius Guest

    once again i am sorry.

    This is a new world for me,

    I dont understand the mistake i made with top-posting, i dont even know what
    that is.

    Alquemius, Dec 4, 2003