    the cs code change to update the Dlls or something. What is it that
    I'm not getting? Even if it is precompiled, why can't I compile it
    again? Thanks....

    Dave, Jul 6, 2007

  2. Why not try switching your project to the Web Application Project model,
    instead of the Web Site model. You may find it a lot more intuitive. I do.
    Peter
    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    BlogMetaFinder(BETA): http://www.blogmetafinder.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jul 6, 2007

  3. Dave

    bruce barker Guest

    aspnet supports precompiled vdirs. if precompiled, the aspnet compiler
    will not recompile the site, because all the source files may not be
    there (if you look at the aspx pages they should be empty).

    normally you precompile to a new folder, not inplace. anyway just delete
    precompiledapp.config

    bruce barker, Jul 6, 2007
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Jul 6, 2:55 pm, bruce barker <> wrote:
    > aspnet supports precompiled vdirs. if precompiled, the aspnet compiler
    > will not recompile the site, because all the source files may not be
    > there (if you look at the aspx pages they should be empty).
    >
    > normally you precompile to a new folder, not inplace. anyway just delete
    > precompiledapp.config
    >

    > Dave wrote:
    > > When and what does .Net want to compile? I have a file called
    > > upload.cs. I made changes to it. Tried to rebuild. But it won't
    > > saying "the application is already precomiled." I would have expected
    > > the cs code change to update the Dlls or something. What is it that
    > > I'm not getting? Even if it is precompiled, why can't I compile it
    > > again? Thanks....- Hide quoted text -

    Okay, I get it now. So obvious. Duh..

    Dave, Jul 6, 2007
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Jul 6, 2:28 pm, Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]
    <> wrote:
    > Why not try switching your project to the Web Application Project model,
    > instead of the Web Site model. You may find it a lot more intuitive. I do.
    > Peter
    > --
    > Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    > BlogMetaFinder(BETA): http://www.blogmetafinder.com
    >

    > "Dave" wrote:
    > > When and what does .Net want to compile? I have a file called
    > > upload.cs. I made changes to it. Tried to rebuild. But it won't
    > > saying "the application is already precomiled." I would have expected
    > > the cs code change to update the Dlls or something. What is it that
    > > I'm not getting? Even if it is precompiled, why can't I compile it
    > > again? Thanks....- Hide quoted text -

    Okay, thanks, I will give that a try. I'm still don't understand what
    I have to do to get changes to my .cs file to have any effect. Maybe
    this will help.

    Dave, Jul 6, 2007