    works fine in IE5.5 or IE6. In IE7, however, it crashes. I verified this
    crash on various computers.

    Any comments, directions, suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFuYXNoIFNhaG9v?=, Feb 26, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFuYXNoIFNhaG9v?=

    Jared Guest

    On 26 Feb, 02:40, Manash Sahoo <Manash >
    wrote:
    > Anyone experience this?
    >
    > I am doing a "__doPostBack('','');" in javascript. The postback does occur
    > on the server side as I have verified this in debug mode. However, when the
    > response is sent back, IE7 crashes.
    >
    > I am using ASP.NET 1.1 for this application. Curiously, the application
    > works fine in IE5.5 or IE6. In IE7, however, it crashes. I verified this
    > crash on various computers.
    >
    > Any comments, directions, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

    Hi

    This probably isn't very helpful, but at least it shows that this can
    work in IE7.

    I use onKeyPress="javascript:if(event.keyCode == 13)
    __doPostBack('ctl00$Login1$btnLogin','')" on one of my text boxes and
    it works perfectly in IE6 and IE7.

    Regards

    Jared
    Jared, Feb 26, 2007

  3. I found the issue.

    In fact, it has nothing to do with the __doPostBack. Rather, it seems IE7
    does not like the SmartNavigation.

    I turned it off and the page no longer crashes. I will research some more
    tonight to see exactly what is triggerring the problem.

    manash
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFuYXNoIFNhaG9v?=, Feb 26, 2007