DOS batch script to synthesize VHDL design

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Sue, Apr 14, 2008.

  1. Sue

    Sue Guest

    Sue, Apr 14, 2008

  2. Sue

    Pinhas Guest

    On Apr 14, 8:43 pm, Sue <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know how can I get started on making a DOS script file to
    > synthesize a VHDL design. I tried understanding something from:http://toolbox.xilinx.com/docsan/xilinx5/pdf/docs/xst/xst.pdf
    >
    > But I still need more help.
    > Can someone please tell me the sequence which I should follow.
    >
    > Thanks

    I would suggest to install cygwin and use bash or perl script. Later
    you'll be able to migrate to linux/unix machines.
    http://bknpk.no-ip.biz/

    Pinhas, Apr 15, 2008

  3. Sue

    HT-Lab Guest

    "Pinhas" <> wrote in message
    > On Apr 14, 8:43 pm, Sue <> wrote:
    >> Does anyone know how can I get started on making a DOS script file to
    >> synthesize a VHDL design. I tried understanding something
    >> from:http://toolbox.xilinx.com/docsan/xilinx5/pdf/docs/xst/xst.pdf
    >>
    >> But I still need more help.
    >> Can someone please tell me the sequence which I should follow.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > I would suggest to install cygwin and use bash or perl script. Later
    > you'll be able to migrate to linux/unix machines.
    > http://bknpk.no-ip.biz/

    I believe the OP is asking how to run XST from DOS.

    However, IMHO, for something quick and dirty a DOS bat file is hard to beat.
    If you want something more elaborate I would suggest Tcl which runs on all
    platforms, is very powerful and easy to learn. In addition most if not all
    EDA tools support it.

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Apr 15, 2008