DOS Watcom C/C++ problem

Vincent

Hello,

I'm sorry if this is a little OT, but I've posted this on the Open
Watcom user group but still haven't gotten any replies. It is like they
are ignoring me. Maybe there is Open Watcom users here who knows...

I'm trying to figure out how I can build a Cause Way extended DOS
program using Open Watcom C v1.4 that starts up in a DOS prompt on
Windows rather than full-screen. In older commercial Watcom C/C++
compilers, this would only happen when a program enters pixel
video-modes. But now it seems this will also occur in text video-modes
and requires me to press "Alt+Enter" to toggle to the windowed mode.
Changing the program properties to startup in a windowed mode has no
effect.

Is there anyway I can tell the compiler to build a DOS program that
does not switch to full-screen unless absolutly necessary, like it did
with pre-Open Watcom 1.0?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,
Vincent

Rod Pemberton

Vincent said:
[...]

Vincent, I don't see any posts from you on openwatcom.contributors or
openwatcom.users.c_cpp. They run a dedicated newserver for their groups.
Perhaps, you want point your newsreader directly to www.openwatcom.org ?

I'm using an earlier version of OW and not on XP. I'm not seeing that
problem with my OW programs. I do have one OW program which attempts to
switch the monitor resolution but it always ends up in a DosBox...

Michal Necasek and "friends" are not fond of the fact the OW supports DOS.
Getting any help them in that area can be difficult. They are mostly
interested in supporting commercial clients who use OW, compatibility with
MS compilers, usage under OS/2, the C++ STL, WxWidgets, and mild interest in
Linux.

Sorry,

Rod Pemberton

Vincent

http://groups.google.com/group/open...22314a16c44/1fb2d2646ec94c63#1fb2d2646ec94c63

I'm using an earlier version of OW and not on XP. I'm not seeing that
problem with my OW programs. I do have one OW program which attempts to
switch the monitor resolution but it always ends up in a DosBox...

Michal Necasek and "friends" are not fond of the fact the OW supports DOS.
Getting any help them in that area can be difficult. They are mostly
interested in supporting commercial clients who use OW, compatibility with
MS compilers, usage under OS/2, the C++ STL, WxWidgets, and mild interest in
Linux.

Sorry,

Rod Pemberton

Okay, well thanks for the reply anyway. :)

Maybe someone else here knows or maybe they'll eventually respond
there. If not then I guess I'm suck. :-/

Regards,
Vincent