    There. It's over; I stopped considering it. Back to the party!

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Sep 18, 2006

  2. On 9/18/06, Phlip <> wrote:
    > Rubies:
    >
    > While I join the crowds bubbling with enthusiasm over RoR, AJAX, and our new
    > version of the Web economy (uh, Web 2.0 to some)...
    >
    > ...I think we might pause to consider how these easy technologies and
    > low-bid venture capital just might be setting us up for another, smaller
    > bubble, followed by another, smaller correction.

    You're not going to see real serious money coming into this until the
    IPO window opens back up. If it ever does.
    Francis Cianfrocca, Sep 18, 2006

  3. Phlip

    Joseph Guest

    Philip,

    This bubble is a different creature.

    The first bubble had plenty of VC money, and companies had it easy, no
    profit, no problem! No business model, who cares!

    Most web2 companies have some type of reasonable business model... they
    are actually delivering useful products, and some of them have been
    profitable from the start, or close to the start! Compare that with
    the Web1 Bubble where literally hundreds of companies had NOTHING to
    offer, even less a profit!

    So yes, there is a bubble, but a different bubble, I would say this one
    will have a very small correction, if any at all, mostly because of
    competition and over-saturation of some markets like social software
    and tag-land. Web2 companies seem to finally have a clue, that a
    business is supposed to deliver a service, pay salaries, make sales,
    and yes... make a profit too : )

    My 2 cents.

    Jose L. Hurtado
    Web Developer