Dot Net Framework 2.0 not working

Guest

I have installed the beta of Dot Net Framework 2.0 on my server, running IIS
5 and Win 2K Server.

I have configured my test virutal directory to use ASP.NET version
2.0.40607.0 (under the ASP.NET tab in the directory properties).

I am having problems getting this site to work. When I goto this virutal
directory I get the following error message:

Failed to access IIS metabase.

Exception Details: System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironmentException: Failed to
access IIS metabase.

The process account used to run ASP.NET must have read access to the IIS
metabase (e.g. IIS://servername/W3SVC). For information on modifying metabase
permissions, please see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267904.

I have tried the link listed in the error, but I have had no luck in getting
the metaacl.vbs script to add the ASPNET user read permissions to the
metabase. However the ASPNET user is already in the MEtabase with Read, Write
and Enumerate permissions at the site level -- I would think this would allow
the same permissions on the virtual directory with a site.

Can anyone help with getting this working?

Thanks!

Ken Goldstraw

Sorry, no help here.

I have the exact same problem. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the
framework, using metaacl.vbs, and adding every IIS/ASP related account to
the local admin group. Nothing worked.

-Ken

Remove "fake" to send me e-mail.

Kevin3344

I had the same problem. Here's what I did to fix it:

Open IIS. Right click properties. Select the Operators tab. Click Add.

Add the ASPNET worker process: <MachineName>\ASPNET. Click Ok.

Start a new browser instance and try the page again. It should work.

- Kevin

Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
how can i add aspnet worker process to iis running on xp pro?
note: xp pro doesn't have the operators tab under the default web site.