DOT.NET Hosts ?

Andy

Hi,

Apologies if this is a little off topic but I'm hoping this would be the
right place to ask.

I'm currently learning and experimenting with asp.net and although I can
test locally I would like to upload my files to a remote hosting company as
well.

As this is non commercial I don't really wish to spend allot of money each
month. Therefore can anybody recommend good cheap hosts that support
asp.net, access and SQL ?

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

Jos

Andy said:
Hi,

Apologies if this is a little off topic but I'm hoping this would be
the right place to ask.

I'm currently learning and experimenting with asp.net and although I
can test locally I would like to upload my files to a remote hosting
company as well.

As this is non commercial I don't really wish to spend allot of money
each month. Therefore can anybody recommend good cheap hosts that
support asp.net, access and SQL ?

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

www.webmatrixhosting.net
is free.

Jos

Andy said:
Looks like they have withdrawn that offer now.

Thanks anyway.

The information on the site is a little ambiguous.
At http://europe.webmatrixhosting.net/text.aspx?tmpl=qa#account_10
it says the account wil expire after 60 days if you don't log on.

In reality, their accounts don't expire (yet).

Of course, this is not reliable for a production site
(which are actually not allowed there).

They have cheap paying solutions as well, if you click through
to http://hosting.parking.ru/

Lucas Tam

As this is non commercial I don't really wish to spend allot of money
each month. Therefore can anybody recommend good cheap hosts that
support asp.net, access and SQL ?

CrystalTech.com

Or there's always brinkster.

wl

Accuwebhosting.com : 4$/month
Alentus.com: more expensive (13$/month) but more reliable in my experience.

Or for 10$ the special hosting plans as found on the ASP.NET resource kit.

Wim