dot net - uploading photos query - help / comments / suggestions

mike_ni

im designing a site (still in my head at the moment) where users will
be able to upload photos but I would like somewhere in the upload
process, for these photos to be resized down to e.g 600 x 400 to
reduce the database size, keep the output a standardised on screen and
to reduce viewing/downloading times. Has anyone any ideas, examples
or pointers to help me out on this one, as I am still learning.

thanks

mike