Dot Net Web Server has died - aspnet_wp.exe Problem - Help !!

Guest

Hello.

My organisation has been developing in VB.NET for a couple of months. We've
been sucessfully implementing our software on a server with the dot net
framework installed for a couple of weeks.

Although we are still able to install and run VB.Net Windows Services, we
are now unable to run ASP.Net web applications. This problem all started,
without warning, a few days ago.

If we try to navigate to either of our two web apps, we get this message in
red text: Server Application Unavailable

Also, the following two messages are written to the windows event log of the
web server:

"aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password
supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid. "

"aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files.Please ensure that the
..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
directory allow access to the configured account."

Can anyone explain what has happened here, and how to resolve the problem?

Thanking you in advance,

m00nm0nkey

Guest

hi,
seems like a problem with aspnet account. This problem might arise when
changing the privileges for the aspnet user or sometimes when trying to set
the password for the aspnet account(what some users say). Try resetting the
aspnet account by using aspnet_regiis with -i .
If you are using the webserver which is configured as the domain controller
then a fix can be found here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315158
HTH
srini