dotNET 1.1 SP1 sometimes stops buttons from posting if validators have EnableClientScript=true (the

Mark Derman

Hi All

OK, this one has me baffled and infuriated!?!?!?!

I've unfortunately upgraded our W2003 server to dotNET 1.1 SP1 and it
appears that validation controls with EnableClientScript=true (the
default) are stopping pages which pass client-side validation from
posting back from buttons if the browser is Internet Explorer 6
(sometimes)

Anyone seen this problem?

I coudn't replicate the problem on my dev box for a day, and now my
dev box is showing this behaviour. However our live server is suddenly
not doing this anymore.

The weird thing is that the rendered HTML output is identical between
dev box and live server, yet IE is behaving differently??? Not sure if
this a client or server issue?

I've double checked the WebUIValidation.js file is the latest (and run
aspnet_regiis). I thought that is was the previous version of
WebUIValidation.js being cached at proxies or in IE that was casuing
the problem, but I now see that WebUIValidation.js didn't change in
SP1 so it can't be this.

Example form
Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page"%>
<HTML>
<form method="post" id="form2" runat="server">
Textbox <asp:textbox class="CInput" maxlength="50" id="SeasonName"
Runat=server />
Required Field Validator
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator id=RequiredFieldValidator1
runat="server" ErrorMessage="RequiredFieldValidator"
ControlToValidate="SeasonName"
EnableClientScript="true"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
<asp:Button id="Button1" class=cbutton runat="server" Text="Submit"
/></P>
</form>
</HTML>